Cornerstone designs and develops custom Ruby on Rails (RoR) applications and websites. We are committed to developing in RoR and believe that it offers a number of advantages over other programming languages, including:
- Speed of development – Ruby on Rails allows you to write less code to achieve the same result as in other programming languages.
- Flexibility – Ruby on Rails is based on the model-view-controller architecture, separating front end display from business logic, providing more modularity and increased flexibility for future development.
- Quality assurance – Ruby on Rails integrates testing and quality control.
- Community – Ruby on Rails is an open source project with contributors continuously developing new components (gems).
Examples of web applications developed in Ruby on Rails by Cornerstone Technologies include:
- Kudos – Cornerstone helped develop the initial version of Kudos built in Ruby on Rails.
- Calgary Movies – Cornerstone developed the entire website in Ruby on Rails, including back-end Content Management System, Blog engine, custom community functionality (reviews, contests, etc) and integration of movie feed and ad server.
- Uend – Cornerstone developed the entire Uend website in Ruby on Rails, including donations, community functionality, and back-end Content Management System.