Arpi’s Ecommerce Store Development
October 8, 2020
Like many businesses today, Arpi’s Industries was looking to expand their well-established product and service-based business online. They wanted to add an e-commerce Parts Store to their existing website, which they planned to build out over time, anticipating a future inventory that could number in the 1000’s.
The considerations necessary for Arpi’s online growth and success were integration with their current website; mobile-friendly responsive design that would allow for a good viewing experience on any device; rapid site speed to reduce bounce rate and positively impact SEO; and easy back-end store management.
With this in mind, Cornerstone worked with Arpi’s to evaluate several e-commerce platforms and integration options, and recommended a WooCommerce / WordPress integration. This pairing met all of the essential criteria while also providing anticipated long-term value.
Some additional aspects of e-commerce functionality, user experience, website security and website future proofing that came under consideration through the planning phase included:
- Product import / export functionality – The ability to collect and update all relevant product information in a user-friendly format.
- Product sorting and filtering – Many visitors to e-commerce stores know what they are looking for, so intuitive sorting and filtering allow them to quickly find the product(s) they’re looking for, contributing to a positive user experience.
- Extensible for future features – Ensuring that an e-commerce platform offers the flexibility for easy updates and additions is critical to the sustainability of the site.
- Related products listings – Suggesting additional, relevant products to visitors is a great way to provide cross sells and upsells.
- User-generated reviews – The ability for customers to rate and review products can be a very important source of social proof that helps convert prospects into customers. It can also give businesses valuable insight into customer satisfaction.
With the Parts Store now up and running, Apri’s has successfully expanded their business and the site has increased discoverability and relevance for consumers. This is a fantastic case study in how, even within the framework of an existing website, e-commerce functionality can be seamlessly integrated and in-person product and service transactions can be balanced with robust online capability.
Check it out for yourself!