Why and When to use Joomla
Joomla is an open-source CMS platform that can be used for building and managing websites as well as developing online applications. Functionality can be expanded using modules developed by the user community.
Joomla is ideal for businesses looking for a cost-effective, scalable web content management solution that can be managed by non-technical users. However, Business Catalyst and WordPress are both easier to use and Drupal offers more functionality, so Joomla is usually only the best choice if your staff are already familiar with it.
- Large open-source community providing thousands of modules and offering support
- Wide selection of free and commercial templates and themes
- Steeper learning curve than WordPress and Business Catalyst
- Many of the third-party modules will not work together and updates to Joomla itself often break modules
- Design and organization is less flexible than Drupal
- Open source CMS built in PHP and MySQL
Thinking about a Joomla development? Considering transferring your existing site into Joomla? Whether you’re already hunting for a developer or just wondering if Joomla is the right CMS for you, Cornerstone Technologies has years of expertise that you can use to your advantage. When it comes to content management systems, we understand that there aren’t any one-size-fits-all solutions and can advise whether or not Joomla is the ideal solution for your unique development project. We’ve been building great looking, functional and easy to maintain sites across a number of platforms for years, so rest easy knowing our advice will be sound.
Check out our portfolio or contact us to get started.