Why and When to use Ruby On Rails
Cornerstone designs and develops custom Ruby on Rails (RoR) applications and websites. We are committed to developing in RoR and believe that it offers a number of advantages over other programming languages, including:
- Speed of development – Ruby on Rails allows you to write less code to achieve the same result as in other programming languages.
- Flexibility – Ruby on Rails is based on the model-view-controller architecture, separating front end display from business logic, providing more modularity and increased flexibility for future development.
- Quality assurance – Ruby on Rails integrates testing and quality control.
- Community – Ruby on Rails is an open source project with contributors continuously developing new components (gems).
Examples of web applications developed in Ruby on Rails by Cornerstone Technologies include:
- Kudos – Cornerstone helped develop the initial version of Kudos built in Ruby on Rails.
- Calgary Movies – Cornerstone developed the entire website in Ruby on Rails, including back-end Content Management System, Blog engine, custom community functionality (reviews, contests, etc) and integration of movie feed and ad server.