Why and When to use WooCommerce
WooCommerce is an open-source E-Commerce plugin for WordPress websites that offers businesses the opportunity to sell their products and services online. Businesses can sell physical, virtual or downloadable products.
WooCommerce is a great solution for small to medium sized stores.
- Easy to manage, edit, or add new products and variations
- Store managers can view and edit orders easily
- Performance reports drill down to top selling products and categories
- Inventory Management, comprehensive tax options and shipping integration
- Integrate with the most popular payment gateways
- Not as comprehensive and feature rich as the Magento E-Commerce platform
- Support is slow
- Additional paid plugins are required for most features
- An open source E-Commerce plugin for WordPress built with PHP and MySQL.
Read more about our other eCommerce platforms: Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, OSCommerce, Business Catalyst, and Miva Merchant.