Drupal is an open source CMS that is exceptionally powerful and versatile. Drupal offers all of the content management functions you’d get with other systems but can also be expanded upon using thousands of modules. These modules can add a wide variety of features including the creation of portals and online communities. Drupal can also be used as a framework to develop custom web applications upon.
Drupal is ideal for medium to large-sized websites that may grow over time or require custom applications. Drupal is a powerful platform with modules that support forums, social media, blogging, event calendars, E-commerce and several other online functions.
- Large open-source community providing thousands of modules and offering support
- Developer-friendly and incredibly extensible
- One of the most powerful and versatile CMS systems
- Higher learning curve – some training required. Drupal is less user-friendly than systems like Business Catalyst and WordPress
- Requires a robust server/hosting
- More expensive to implement than less sophisticated solutions
- Open source CMS platform built in PHP and MySQL
Undertaking a Drupal development takes a lot of careful consideration. Whether you’re already on the hunt for a Druupal developer or you’re questioning whether Drupal is the right CMS for your project, Cornerstone Technologies has years of expertise that you can use to your advantage.
The fact is that when it comes to content management systems there are no one-size-fits all solutions. We’ve been building great looking, functional and easy to maintain sites across a number of CMS platforms for years and can recommend a CMS that’s suits your unique needs.
Check out our portfolio or contact us to get started.