Cornerstone designs and develops custom PHP applications and websites. PHP is a very flexible and widely used and supported language which is excellent for developing small applications and custom functionality within websites. In the past, we have also developed large-scale applications in PHP, but believe that Ruby on Rails now provides a superior platform for this type of development. PHP provides the following advantages over other programming languages:
- Speed of development – Small functions are very quick to develop.
- Flexibility – PHP can be used with a number of different frameworks, or none at all (which can be an advantage or a disadvantage).
- Community – PHP is an open source project with an active contributor and support community.
Examples of web applications developed in PHP by Cornerstone Technologies include:
- Paper Umbrella Residences – Cornerstone developed the entire website and membership portal in PHP, including booking engine, membership management, and community features (discussion forum, etc.).
- Canacol – The entire website is built in PHP, including custom Content Management System.
- Gran Tierra – The entire website is built in PHP, including an interactive mapping system and custom Content Management System
- Be’ato – The website is built entirely in PHP, including custom build e-commerce system.
- Heartwood Homes – Cornerstone developed the entire website in PHP including custom Content Management System and photo gallery.
- Mob4Hire – Cornerstone assisted with front end development for version 4 of the Mob4Hire website and crowdsourcing engines.
Read about other open source web application frameworks that Cornerstone works with.