Why and When to use Hubspot
Hubspot is an inbound marketing platform (SAAS solution) that offers a broad and powerful feat
ure set including tools for website content management, social media marketing, landing page man
agement, search engine optimization, bulk email management, live chat, and website analytics. It also includes a built-in CRM system (or the option to integrate with other CRM’s such as Salesforce) and a full featured customer service portal (including customer conversation management, conversational bots, customer issue ticketing, automated ticket routing, and knowledge base). In addition, they have also added marketing automation functionality including lead scoring, lead nurturing drip campaigns, managing web hooks, and alerting your sales team on who to follow up with.
Hubspot scales well and is a good option for a wide variety of organizations, from small businesses right up to larger enterprise implementations.
- Easy to use and administer, even for non-technical users.
- Hubspot provides lots of tools and information aimed at educating their customers so that they can learn about inbound marketing and marketing automation.
- They provide a solid all-in-one solution. There are better options for specific functionality, but few other platforms do everything as well as Hubspot does.
- Hubspot can become expensive. They offer competitive introductory pricing, but your business grows (you’re charge per # of contacts/leads) or you require more functionality, pricing can increase significantly.
- No A/B testing in their Basic or Pro packages, so you’d need to get their Enterprise package ($2400/month) just to do A/B testing.
- Is a bit inflexible, so you need to be prepared to adapt your sales processes around Hubspot, not the other way around.
- Requires a 12 month contract, so there is some lock-in.
- Additional charged for support (support is not included).
- Cloud hosted solution.
Read more about our other Website Design & Development platforms: WordPress, Craft, Drupal, Silver Stripe, Expression Engine, and PHP.