Why and When to use Magento
Magento is an open-source ecommerce platform that offers users the ability to control the functionality, content and look of their online stores. The platform is designed to be scalable, easily managing thousands of products multiple storefronts. There’s also a very active developer community, developing many extensions.
Magento is ideal for very large online stores with many products or stores with multiple storefronts, but will also be suitable for most small to medium sized stores as well.
- Administrative area is easy to use for non-technical users
- Can power multiple storefronts
- Out-of-the-box features include flexible coupons, one-page checkout, multiple shipping addresses, multiple currency support, analytics and reporting +more
- Many add-on modules are available which can extend functionality
- Requires robust server/hosting
- Community support is not robust–support from Magento comes with an associated cost.
- Open source built in PHP and MySQL
Read more about our other eCommerce platforms: Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce.