Why and When to use BigCommerce
BigCommerce is a hosted cloud ecommerce platform (SAAS solution) that offers a powerful feature set, reliable hosting, and the ability to customize and control the functionality, content and look of your online stores. The BigCommerce platform is designed to be scalable (it’ll grow with your business), allows you to sell across a number of other channels (Amazon, eBay, Facebook, and Instagram), supports multiple languages, has a POS integration, and integrates with drop shippers. There’s also a very active developer community, developing many apps (extensions).
Cornerstone is proud to be a vetted BigCommerce Agency Partner.
BigCommerce is ideal for most online stores, from small stores to extremely large ones with thousands of products.
- Reliable and scalable hosting, ensuring your site remains up and running, even when it gets bombarded by large spikes in users.
- Lots of out-of-the-box features including multi-language support, multiple currency support, flexible coupon & discount options, analytics, reporting and much more.
- Highly customizable, both the appearance and functionality. There are many apps (extensions) available which can extend your store’s functionality.
- Flexible multi-storefront option.
- Connects with a number of 3rd party POS systems.
- CMS and blogging functionality, so that you can manage your entire site easily from one platform.
- Ability to sell across a number of other channels (Amazon, Google Shopping, Facebook, and Instagram) or add buy now buttons to any site or blog post.
- Is kept updated and security patches are applied automatically, reducing your maintenance costs.
- Has a bit of a learning curve, in order get comfortable administering it (especially for non-technical users).
- Not as flexible as a non-SAAS solution, such as Magento, and may limit the ability to integrate with 3rd party solutions.
- Cloud hosted solution.