Yearly Archives: 2014
Although you can adapt a website to make it search engine friendly, it is always better to design or redesign a website with search engine optimization (SEO) in mind. Essentially, you want to make it easier for the search engines to crawl your website. SEO is the basic tool we use to achieve this outcome.
The question remains, why do we want the search engines to crawl our website in the first place? Well here are 10 reasons why designing your websites with search engines in mind is an essential step in the design process:
- Higher rankings: If you want any hope of ranking well in the search engine results pages (SERPs) then search engines must be able to crawl your site and determine the topic and relevance of your web pages to visitors’ queries. The more topical and relevant your content, the higher your rankings.
- Increased Traffic: The higher your ranking in the SERPs, the more frequently your site is presented to searchers and the more organic traffic is sent to your website.
- Greater brand exposure: The more visitors that view your site, and the more engaging your content, then the more they share your content across their social networks, and the more brand exposure you achieve.
- More authority/credibility: The higher your rankings in the SERPs, the more your content is shared across social networks and the more visitors interact with your site, the greater your authority and credibility within the community.
- Deep insight: Using analytical packages such as Google Analytics or Clicky, gives you unprecedented insight into visitor behavior. You can access metrics on the regions where they live, the time and days of most activity, how they search and browse and the technology they use.
- Targeted markets: Deep insight gives you the added power to target select groups of visitors and design a marketing campaign aimed at increasing your market share in niche areas or specific regions. You can also time your campaigns to go out when people are most likely to open your emails.
- Increased conversions: Higher rankings and greater targeted traffic leads to increased conversions, whether that is in sales, enquiries, donations or subscriptions. Without good rankings in the serps and lots of traffic, your website will just flounder in the backwaters of the internet.
- Best ROI: Compared to traditional offline advertising methods, SEO has been shown to have the best ROI of the lot. This is because you are not persuading people to buy, you are simply telling them why they should buy from you, because they are already searching online for your products or services.
- Your competitors use SEO: Most business know that the future is in SEO, so whilst you might not be convinced, undoubtedly your competitors are already on the SEO band wagon. If you don’t catch up, they will leave you in their dust.
- SEO works: What can we say? SEO just works. If you employ SEO techniques on your website, all things being equal, you will notice an increase in rankings and traffic.
SEO is unlikely to be taken off the table anytime soon, so ensuring that your new or redesigned website is optimized for search engines is vital to your future growth, your competitive edge and your bottom line.
For more information on SEO or website design, contact us on (403) 688 5533, email: info(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)cornerstonedigital.ca or complete our online inquiry form.
- View PostDecember 12, 2014keep reading
Although you can adapt a website to make it search engine friendly, it is always better to design or redesign a website with search engine optimization (SEO) in mind. Essentially, you want to make it easier for the search engines to crawl your website. SEO is the basic tool we use to achieve this outcome.…
- View PostDecember 5, 2014keep reading
UX is the new buzzword in web development and it is a euphemism for how well users (U) experience (X) your website. In other words how easy is it for visitors to your website to navigate around and find the information they need? Why is UX important? Well if you want frustrated visitors and low…
- View PostNovember 28, 2014keep reading
Currently, WordPress is used by 23% of all websites worldwide and is the most popular CMS with 61% market share. So from its origins as a simple blogging platform, WordPress has evolved into an extremely successful CMS, used by just about everybody. Well not everybody, because as we know there are lots of other CMSs…
- View PostNovember 26, 2014keep reading
Cornerstone developed a new website for lakelouisejobs.com. The new site was built on WordPress allowing for easy maintenance and updates. The website is accessible on mobile and tablet with a fully responsive design. Services: Website Design, WordPress Development
- View PostOctober 14, 2014keep reading
Cornerstone is proud to announce the rollout of a new website for Seniors Secret Service. Built in WordPress, this site is fully responsive and greatly helps get the word out for this amazing charitable organization.
- View PostSeptember 14, 2014keep reading
A micro-site built for The Orchards community for Brookfield Residential in Edmonton, featuring our common Expression Engine-based platform. This system allows us to construct and deploy these community micro-sites for Brookfield quickly and cost effectively.